Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Information Policy Issue

So it seems I am running into information policy issues all over the place lately. I was on a conference call with my Library of Congress (LOC) group today. They were showing us the mockups of the database and interactives we designed this past fall. These will be professional development modules for teachers. One of the questions we had was could we have people log into the modules and get some sort of professional development credit for working through them.

The woman from the LOC says well that is a privacy policy issue. Since the LOC is a government agency, and if people were to log in then the site would technically be collecting personal data form them and this leads to all sorts of issues that would have to be worked out. And I thought to myself yes it does-information policy issues! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment