Friday, February 13, 2009

Response From Ga. Representative

While it may not be the exact response I wanted, at least someone is reading all those emails I have been sending!

"Melissa,
Thank you for writing me with your concerns on HB 278.

While I fully understand and agree with your position, it remains a reality that the money just not exist for the state to fund everything they have in the past.

Rather than the state dictate exactly how the local school districts spend every penny, this bill, like others to come, does not cut out any money but only allows the local boards to make those decisions.

Hopefully the Cherokee board and the Superintendent will make the best decisions possible with the diminished funds from the state and local revenue reductions.

My best,
Calvin Hill
State Representative, District 21"

No comments:

Post a Comment